Leaders, Are We Ready to Start Chapter 2?
Is it possible that we are in a great situation to create a brand-new chapter in our personal life and in the life of our company, and put an end to the old and unfulfilling chapter 1?
I feel confident that we have an opportunity to change some big areas of our life as leaders so that we can change the outcomes for our team and the clients we serve.
I’m sure most people can agree that, over the past 12 months, there have been unique circumstances which have changed our mindset and the way we normally conduct our business. And MINDSET is the most essential piece and foundation to ourselves and our leadership.
Many people have decided to either wait until things get back to normal, while others are engaging professionals to re-calibrate the path they’re travelling on and clarify new goals and the process to achieving them.
I recommend people focus on three main topics to start the journey of creating a new chapter for their life and the life of their company. Remember mindset is 90% of what creates our results and earns us the respect we end up receiving.
You might want to grab a pen and ask yourself some of these questions too!
1. FOCUS – We must understand that what we spend time focusing on is what we will get more of, so the questions are:
- What have you been focused on throughout the entire day?
- Do you know what your goals are with precision results?
- Are you in defence mode or offence?
- Do you see the need to retract efforts and budgets because of fear, or do you see an opportunity to change and become resourceful and achieve a completely new goal?
- Where is your team aimed, and do they feel that the goals are clear and exciting to accomplish?
- Do you see an opportunity to engage people in your circle and collaborate on ideas and utilize their talents that are available?
2. Language – It starts with your internal voice which ultimately converts to your external voice and connects your vision to your team and client.
- If you listen to what you are telling yourself, is it a positive and constructive conversation? Or is it fear and defeat?
- Do you feel confident & powerful to handle your emotions and the challenges you will need to face at home and in your workplace?
- Does your team feel like you communicate strategies to accomplish the business plan, or do they feel lost and scared to ask?
- Does your client hear your message and product offer as attractive and exciting or do they see it as boring and unintentional?
- Would you say you are surrounded by conversations of positive people who support your success, or is it critical and toxic like the news broadcasts?
3. Physiology – Body language and attitude will set the stage for the way you see yourself and the way other people see you as well.
- How do you show up for yourself in the mirror?
- How would your family, your team, and your clients judge the way you show up?
- Could you work on your diet, morning routine, and exercise program to enhance your energy?
- Could you create a not to do list to prevent frustration and negative distraction?
- Do you look positive and inviting, or do you slouch with anger and defeat?
I think leaders have the opportunity right now more than ever to make massive change in their business. Never before do you have so many people in companies eager to learn what the best next play could be and what are the best strategies to execute. People are also searching for the leader who sees the opportunity to lead them into the path of success rather than into the path of restriction, retraction, and defeat.
It is possible that a large number of people and companies are going to have to look at today’s date and decide that this is the end of Chapter 1 of their personal life and business. Today’s date is the start of Chapter 2, and it’s exciting, scary, and empowering!
If your new niche, market and offer need to pivot, then let’s discuss how hiring a interim executive can add instant expertise to fast track your results. If you need a coach or specialist, then interview and hire that person who can support you in achieving results. It’s important they experience and believe in your possibility. You, your team, and their families want to feel like they matter and that there are goals of growth to look forward to rather than worrying about defeat.
Our professional coaches excel at working with leaders and their teams in several ways to define goals and work side by side with you achieve them!
Let’s make your next chapter as exciting and resourceful as we can!